OUR PURPOSE IS TO REPRESENT LOCAL PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCIES BY:
- Representing, speaking for, and acting on behalf of local public health agencies in Iowa.
- Promoting a local public health perspective in state health program and fiscal policy.
- Supporting public health systems to improve the health status of Iowa’s populatiuon.
- Developing the technical competence, managerial capacity and leadership potential of the public health workforce.
- Promoting a vision of public health and leadership for local public health agencies.
- Developing sustaining relationships with other organizations to improve health systems and health status.
- Serving as an exchange point for information and ideas in order to help keep local health officials informed and current.
- Promoting partnerships among federal, state and local health officials.
OUR GOALS ARE TO:
- Promote and enhance public health practice policy in Iowa.
- Strengthen and foster local public health agencies in Iowa; taking an active role in the state and local legislative process.
- Improve the communication and cooperation among local public health agencies.
- Define and disseminate information on public health issues.
- Provide leadership on matters of public health importance.
Iowa Counties Public Health Association (doing business as I-ALPHA) is a non-profit corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Iowa.